What is Ext JS?
What is Ext JS
- It provides a rich set of UI for creating web applications with cross-browser functionality.
- Ext JS is widely used for creating the desktop application.
- There are compatible with all modern browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari 6+, and Opera 12+.
- Ext JS includes built-in themes and UI components, it reduce the development of time and boost productivity.
- Sencha Touch: A high-performance HTML5 framework used for developing mobile applications.
- Sencha GXT: The most robust approach to develop rich web-based applications with the help of Java.
Advantages of Ext JS
- The MVC (Model View Controller) architecture that helps to us makes the code more readable.
- It provides a collection of widgets for creating a powerful UI (User Interface).
- It helps to reduce the development cost.
- The streamlines cross-platform development across smartphones, tablets and desktops.
- It Increases the productivity of development by integrating into enterprise development environments through IDE plugins.
Disadvantages of Ext JS
- This library file slows the application and increases the loading time because it has a high size of 500 kb.
- This is free for open-source applications but paid for commercial purposes.
- A sometimes simple thing to need codes, but it is easier in JQuery or plain Html.