Cyber Security Professionals - Cybersecurity Specialist - Cyber Security Tutorial
Cyber Security Professionals
- Cyber Security Professionals play a key role in securing information systems. By :
- And responding to Security Events,
- Cyber Security Professionals protect systems from Cyber Security Risks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities.
Types of Cyber Security Professionals in a Company
Network Security Engineer
- The Network Security Engineer is a Mandatory position within every Organization.
- This person ensures the Security Systems are Implemented within the Organization to counter and stop Threats.
- Their main responsibilities include :
- Maintaining Systems,
- Identifying Vulnerabilities, and
- Improving Automation.
- They also oversee the maintenance of firewalls, routers, switches, various network monitoring tools, and VPNs (virtual private networks).
Cyber Security Analyst
- A Cyber Security Analyst helps in Planning, Implementing, and upgrading Security measures and controls.
- They continuously Monitor Security access and perform internal and external security audits to ensure there are no Loopholes or Evidence of Security Lapses.
- A Cyber Security Analyst is also responsible for conducting :
- Vulnerability testing
- Risk Analyses,
- Security Assessments,
- Managing the Network.
- In addition to these tasks, the analyst trains fellow employees in security awareness and procedures, so they are aware of the best practices to be followed to Avoid Security Breaches.
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- The CISO is a Senior - Level Executive within an organization that ensures that the cyber security plan is aligned with the business’s vision, operations, and technologies.
- The CISO works with the staff to :
- and maintain processes across the organization to ensure there are no Security Breaches.
- They respond to incidents and set up appropriate standards and controls to mitigate security risks without causing any interruption to the business.
- They are also Responsible for overseeing the implementation of security policies and procedures within the organization
Cyber Security Engineer
- A cybersecurity engineer creates and executes secure network solutions.
- In order to strengthen technology initiatives and take them to the next level, cybersecurity engineers are an integral part of the system.
- There is a huge demand-supply gap in the required workforce capabilities for this position, so companies value the in-depth knowledge and experience these professionals bring to the table.
- The average salary of a cybersecurity engineer in India ranges from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 11 lakh per annum.
Application Security Engineer
- An Application Security Engineer looks after the stability of the Internal and External Applications of an Organization.
- They would have in-depth knowledge and expertise in dealing with the privacy and compliance aspects of third-party applications such as Azure or AWS.
- Any organization that wants to integrate such software into its day-to-day operations would want to hire these cybersecurity professionals.
- Application security engineers also prevent cyber threats that disrupt the integrity of the entire application infrastructure.