- Vmware workstation software is used to do the virtualization of Operating System.
- For installing any Operating System virtually, you need to install VMware software. We are using VMware workstation 10. Before installing linux OS, you wish to have iso image file of linux OS.
- Better utilization of resources
- Reduced Management
- Reduces other expenses
How to create new virtual machine for Linux OS ?
- Click on create new virtual machine.
- Choose custom option and click next button.
- In select the virtual machine hardware compatibility window, click on next button.
- Within the Guest operating system window, select iso image file from the disk or any drive. I have put the iso file of ubuntu in e: drive. So browse your iso image and tap on next button.
- To provide full name, username, password and confirm password then click on next button.
- You can see the given information.
- If you don't want to change the default settings, click on next only.
- Within the memory of the virtual machine window, you'll be able set the memory limit. Press on the next button.
- Within the specify disk capacity window, you'll set the disk estimate. Press on the next button.
- In the specify disk file window, you can specify the disk file then click on the next button.
- In the ready to create virtual machine window, click on the finish button.
- Now you will see vmware screen then ubuntu screen.
If you want to learn about Cloud Computing Course , you can refer the following links Cloud Computing Training in Chennai , Big Data Training in Chennai.
UP NEXT IN Cloud Computing