- Public Cloud provides a platform that is accessible to the general public through an Internet connection.
- Public cloud operated on the pay-as-per-use model and administrated by the third party, i.e., Cloud service provider.
- In the Public cloud, the same storage is being used by multiple users at same time. It is owned, managed, and operated by businesses.
- Example : Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
Advantages of Public Cloud
- Public cloud has a lower cost than private, or hybrid cloud.
- It is location independent because its services are offered via internet.
- In Public cloud, the cloud service provider is responsible for the manage and maintain data. So the cloud user can save their time to establish connectivity.
Quickly and easily set up
- Organizations can easily buy public cloud on the internet and deployed and configured it remotely through the cloud service provider within a few hours.
- Public cloud provides an ability to elastically re-size computer resources based on the organization's requirements.
Scalability and reliability
- Public cloud offers scalable and reliable services.
Disadvantages of Public Cloud
- Public Cloud is less secure.
- In public cloud, the performance depends upon the speed of network connection.
- Public cloud is less customizable than the private cloud.