Virtualization in Cloud Computing
- It is the "creation of a virtual version of something, like as a server, a storage device , a desktop , an operating system or network resources".
- Its allows to share a single physical instance of a resource or an application among multiple customers and organizations.
What is the concept behind the Virtualization ?
- The machine on which the virtual machine is going to create is known as Host Machine.
- Virtual machine is referred as a Guest Machine.
- Hardware Virtualization
- Operating system Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Storage Virtualization
- The virtual machine manager (VMM) is directly installed on the hardware system. It is known as hardware virtualization.
- The work of hypervisor is to control and checking the processor, memory and other equipment assets.
- It is mainly used for the server platforms.
- It is very easy to controlling a physical server.
Operating System Virtualization
- The virutal machine software or virtual machine manager (VMM) is installed on the host operating system rather than directly on the hardware system is known as operating system virtualization.
- It is mainly used for testing the applications on different platforms of OS.
- The virtual machine manager (VMM) is directly installed on the Server system. It is known as server virtualization.
- Server virtualization is done because a single physical server can be separated into multiple servers on the demand basis and for balancing the load.
- It is the method of grouping the physical storage from numerous network storage device so that it looks like a single storages devices.
- It is also implemented by using software applications.
- It is mainly used for back-up and recovery purposes.
How does virtualization work in cloud computing ?
- Virtualization very important role in the cloud computing.
- The users share the data present in the clouds like application etc, but actually with the help of virtualization users shares the Infrastructure.
- It is mainly used to provide the applications with the standard versions to their cloud users. Suppose if the next version of that application is released, then cloud provider has to provide the new version to their cloud users and practically it is possible because it is more expensive.
- To overcome this problem we use basically virtualization technology, By using virtualization, all severs and the software application which are required by other cloud providers are maintained by the third party people.
- The cloud provider has to pay the money on monthly basis.